Friday, December 23, 2011

Riding the Train for Drops of Jupiter


Train is my current favorite band. They maybe not the freshest band out there but womaaaaan, this band is full of soul! They hooked my heart the first time I heard them. I was on the way to the airport and heard "Hey soul Sister" in the stereo then I found myself singing it on the plane.

I love music. But I choose what music to love. I usually look at the lyrics of the song. I like poetic lyrics because it makes me think while listening to it. It's like I'm reading a book while listening to music.

When I first heard Drops of Jupiter, I thought it was sang by a new band or a new singer with a new kind of sound but as I search for the singer I was atonished to know it was Train. While I was listening to Drops of Jupiter, I was like "wait did he just say deep-fried chicken?" Then I heard he said "Saturn" "Jupiter". I went like this must be an educational song about the planets. But even though I find the lyrics too abstract I still fell inlove with it instantly. I've always feel like there's more to this song than the lyrics. I guessed correctly when I thought it's a love song. It is a love song. A love song for the mother of Pat (the vocalist). It was the saving glory of the band. They almost disappeared from the music industry but this song saved what's left of them. Not all bands, and music artists can compose a song that still breathes after 10 years. (picture from google image)

No comments:

Post a Comment