Friday, January 6, 2012

New tourism ad



This is the new promotional slogan for the tourism industry. Oh well, I've heard that they copied the same tagline from Switzerland 1975 (not sure) which was originally stated as "It's more fun in Switzerland". I honestly didn't get the message of this slogan. Everywhere can be fun and anything can be fun. The message is not unique, every country can claim that it's more fun to spend your vacation there. If I were a tourist, and I come across this ad, I would probably just go to the mall because it's "fun" to shop, or go to the carnival because it's "fun". FUN is a generic word. There's nothing unique about it! Look at Thailand, they sell what differs them from others. "Culture, Tradition, and Food" these are the 3 things a real tourist is looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment